Joe Dorignac first opened the store’s doors in 1947 in the Lower Garden District in New Orleans between Magazine Street and the Mississippi River. Built on a foundation of customer service, convenience and quality products, Dorignac’s quickly became recognized as a slice of New Orleans culture.
In 1963, the store moved to its current location on Veteran’s Memorial Boulevard in Metairie. Over the years, the Dorignac family and its loyal employees have established a reputable name in the grocery market, even being recognized as the largest grossing grocery store per square foot in the entire country. From a small venture to a regional powerhouse, Dorignac’s has become a reliable vendor for a variety of both local and international products.